Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeoNatan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
Finally :rolleyes:

It seems we will be able to disable the annoying new feature of having to look at ugly faces whenever double-tapping the home button. :apple:

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I think that Recents feature should be a 'Phone app widget' for notification centre... makes more sense.

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
They closed like hundreds of my bug reports and marked them as a duplicate. But nothing did ever change. Don't get your hopes high.

LeoNatan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
Good job....but did you just call all of your friends and family ugly?
I use non-Apple software to talk to my friends and family. They are not the ugly ones. SMS and Email I mostly have from people I do not really keep in touch with. Since Apple has not opened the API to allow other software update contact relevance, for me this feature is useless.

----------

They closed like hundreds of my bug reports and marked them as a duplicate. But nothing did ever change. Don't get your hopes high.
Well, I wasn't clear. My bug report was closed as a duplicate of another. Now I see the other is closed. So yeah, hopefully, it is closed as "fixed", not as "by design".

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
You can submit enhancement and new feature requests with the bug reporter, they could well have added the ability to switch off or something

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I too hope that they add the ability to disable the feature.

It's a nice one that I'm sure a lot of people can use but almost all my communication with people is through texting or FaceTime/Skype on my computer. If I'm doing a voice call or emailing then chances are they probably aren't in my contacts unless they're my mom, making the "Recents" kind of pointless, and I don't do "Favorite" contacts, so I don't really need that in my multitasking view.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There's nothing to fix though, because it's an intended feature.
Seems like it might not be that quite if the original "bug" was in fact resolved as "fixed" (meaning something was done to addess it).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's a bug reporter, not a feedback submission form...of course they labeled it as "fixed."
Meaning what? If they do something to address it they would mark it as fixed. If they don't do anything there are other options to select, such as won't fix, by design, etc. Since fixed was the one chosen that means something was done to address/change the behavior that relates to what was reported.

Last edited:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Meaning what? If they do something to address it they would mark it as fixed. If they don't do anything there are other options to select, such as won't fix, by design, etc. Since fixed was the one chosen that means something was done to address/change the behavior relates to what was reported.

I'm liking the sound of that!! It they do add the ability to disable it that would be awesome

MikeyMike01

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Hopefully this ugly pile of silliness doesn't make it to the final version without an off switch.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Meaning what? If they do something to address it they would mark it as fixed. If they don't do anything there are other options to select, such as won't fix, by design, etc. Since fixed was the one chosen that means something was done to address/change the behavior that relates to what was reported.

Yeah, but they're not really fixing it, they're merely amending the intended design based on one's suggestion.

No, you can submit feature requests and enhancements through bugreport.apple.com. There's a category for it.

Yeah I know, but it's mainly a bug reporter. Why do they have a feedback site where you can suggest new features and such? Seems kind of redundant, eh?

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
This is the first thing I'm going to look for when my iPhone and iPad finish installing beta 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.