Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
i just received a email from apple developers and it has to do with cloud kit but it also mentioned the yosemite developers preview on july 7th i just wanted to let most of you who are waiting to be apart of the summer beta... although i could be wrong on this but it's a good possibility...

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
i just received a email from apple developers and it has to do with cloud kit but it also mentioned the yosemite developers preview on july 7th i just wanted to let most of you who are waiting to be apart of the summer beta... although i could be wrong on this but it's a good possibility...

The only mention of Yosemite DP in the email was that Apple is going to perform a data wipe on databases for iOS8 and Yosemite DP on 7/7.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS

Reading Comprehension 101 recommended ;)

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
You know what ? I am a paid developer and haven't received this email yet. I'm legitimately testing both Yosemite and iOS 8.

Luckily I read the news here often. Worst thing in the story, just last week I thought I lost all my work on iCloud because it wasn't showing up on my Mac anymore, thought my world was crawling in pieces around me. Then I found it on icloud.com, took it and put it in iCloud Drive for good, I was set.

Now, I know I know, this is the kind of thing you have to expect during beta-testing... but still...

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
You know what ? I am a paid developer and haven't received this email yet. I'm legitimately testing both Yosemite and iOS 8.

You aren't alone in this. I am also a paid developer testing both iOS 8 and Yosemite and I did not receive the email either. I also found out from the Mac gossip sites. :mad:

jeanre

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2014
july 7th is yosemite developer preview (Possible)

I got my email around 9 hours later, let's hope they release a nice stable build :) even though I spend most days in a terminal it would be nice to see some of the bugs fixed :)

dBeats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011

Luckily I read the news here often. Worst thing in the story, just last week I thought I lost all my work on iCloud because it wasn't showing up on my Mac anymore, thought my world was crawling in pieces around me. Then I found it on icloud.com, took it and put it in iCloud Drive for good, I was set.

Now, I know I know, this is the kind of thing you have to expect during beta-testing... but still...

Pretty sure iCloud Drive is included in the wipe today. Your stuff in iCloud before the beta is there and safe. Don't move it OUT of there. The stuff in iCloud AFTER the beta is for testing only and WILL be removed VERY SOON. Boot back into Mavericks and verify it's still there. You did have an exit plan back to Mavericks right?

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Pretty sure iCloud Drive is included in the wipe today. Your stuff in iCloud before the beta is there and safe. Don't move it OUT of there. The stuff in iCloud AFTER the beta is for testing only and WILL be removed VERY SOON. Boot back into Mavericks and verify it's still there. You did have an exit plan back to Mavericks right?

Yes, iCloud Drive is included in the wipe. What I meant it, since I had nothing in iCloud Drive, I was scared I lost everything because all of my apps would say I don't have any file on iCloud. But then I found out that going on icloud.com you can get your previous files from there, at least from the iWork suite. So to diminish my stress, I downloaded everything and put it into iCloud Drive and thought I was set, but then the news came.

The cowboy side of me made it so I don't have a backup plan to go back to Mavericks, but I downloaded every file on iCloud and put it somewhere else on my HD just in case. I'm definitely ready for the wipe.

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
Yes, iCloud Drive is included in the wipe. What I meant it, since I had nothing in iCloud Drive, I was scared I lost everything because all of my apps would say I don't have any file on iCloud. But then I found out that going on icloud.com you can get your previous files from there, at least from the iWork suite. So to diminish my stress, I downloaded everything and put it into iCloud Drive and thought I was set, but then the news came.

The cowboy side of me made it so I don't have a backup plan to go back to Mavericks, but I downloaded every file on iCloud and put it somewhere else on my HD just in case. I'm definitely ready for the wipe.

New DP online now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.