Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaulRx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
I'm curious: does the ability to answer phone calls and texts on your ipad\mac require Bluetooth to be turned on for all decives or just that they all be on the same wifi network?

cgriffis753

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2010
Michigan
As per many threads and the articles on macrumors, continuity requires BTLE.

actually your 100% wrong!!! CERTAIN continuity features, i.e.. Handoff, require BTLE. Calling and texting, however do not, as shown by being able to send sms from my 2009 MBP

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
actually your 100% wrong!!! CERTAIN continuity features, i.e.. Handoff, require BTLE. Calling and texting, however do not, as shown by being able to send sms from my 2009 MBP

Well others claimed it needed it, in other threads. I was just going on their experiences.

----------

In other words, use the Search function of the Forums. lol

Lol yea. If people actually looked at other thread discussions, it might save excess threads wasting space. well one would hope haha. Betas always bring forth messy forums.

Cythth

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2013
Lake Jackson, TX
Lol yea. If people actually looked at other thread discussions, it might save excess threads wasting space. well one would hope haha. Betas always bring forth messy forums.

I agree. I've been here for a little while but my thread-count is low because I find out more often the topic I'm interested in has already been discussed. Searching first is basic forum etiquette.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.