Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sivaganesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
In a month, my MBA 13 will be one year old and 1 year warranty ends.

I like to buy AppleCare and extend my warranty.

In India, AppleCare costs 15k ($250) without any discount (Resellers, ebay.in, other online shopping vendors etc).

Many US sites such as B&H offers at $174 - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/582542-REG/Apple_MC246LL_A_3_Year_AppleCare_for_MacBook.html

Can I buy and use it to extend mine?

P.S: I read somewhere (a year ago.. while purchasing) that Mac purchased in India should buy AppleCare only from India.. or can transfer AppleCare Warranty from another mac (India or International) to save money.

I'm confused. Please help !

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
In a month, my MBA 13 will be one year old and 1 year warranty ends.

I like to buy AppleCare and extend my warranty.

In India, AppleCare costs 15k ($250) without any discount (Resellers, ebay.in, other online shopping vendors etc).

Many US sites such as B&H offers at $174 - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/582542-REG/Apple_MC246LL_A_3_Year_AppleCare_for_MacBook.html

Can I buy and use it to extend mine?

P.S: I read somewhere (a year ago.. while purchasing) that Mac purchased in India should buy AppleCare only from India.. or can transfer AppleCare Warranty from another mac (India or International) to save money.

I'm confused. Please help !

For something as serious as a warranty I would recommend you contact Apple directly for an official answer. Otherwise I doubt you will be happy when Apple turns down your warranty request and you say "but some random person on an Internet forum told me it would be OK"

sivaganesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
ya.. but if there are experienced people, they could help.

I have called Apple Support twice and both of them said, you could buy AppleCare anywhere.

And if I reply.. You can't buy AppleCare outside India, they say.. "Then you should check back with Apple Website to know more about it"

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.