Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taelan28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2014
3 years ago I dreamed up a full PC in tablet form. I could use it like an ipad but I'd hook it up to a monitor and type and use it like a PC. Recently the Surface Pro 3 was announced and the idea was realized--too bad for MS, though I was ready to buy a surface pro 2 but it never released in Korea, alas I love my RMBP.

Whenever I open my RMBP I notice how light the screen is. I want the screen itself to be a tablet and full PC, I mean hybrid OSX with x64 chip. A while back I remember reading about batteries and nanotechnology and the possibility of of battery the size of your fingernail running your laptop all day.

Given how much stuff has changed in the last 20 years I shouldn't put it past me to have this device come to life. Any dream machines out there or comments on the possibility of super powerful small batteries?

Yakibomb

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2014
Cape Town
I'm actually really interested to see how technology will progress in the near future: to see if we actually come up with new "revolutionary" products and product categories that we don't have today or if we take a more conservative route and just keep making minor improvements to what we have today

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
Hard drives were a big bottleneck in a computer performance and now ssd's have brought storage up to par with the rest of the system.

Batteries have not advanced much, I think it's their turn next.

Kiju

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2010
Hard drives were a big bottleneck in a computer performance and now ssd's have brought storage up to par with the rest of the system.

Batteries have not advanced much, I think it's their turn next.

I really do hope batteries are the next thing to get the revolutionary future treatment.

Complaints about battery life and size are something I hear from all kinds of consumers. Innovations here would definitely be a major leap forward in technology on a grand scale.

taelan28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2014

I read it years ago. I just did some reading the other day after a couple people responded to this. Lithium-air batteries are the next big thing. Its a ways off, but they're working on it and that technology WILL put useful batteries in cars. Its 8x more powerful in terms of size and power output.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.