Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA

Praxis91

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
For my 360, I use Astro A40s (wireless version from 2012, not the 2013 mixamp version). For the XB1, I use the Microsoft stereo headset.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I use the Turtle Beach PX51. I have all my console audio go to my TV and my TV output to the headphones. The microphone works on my 360 and XBox One via a cable and on my PS4 with bluetooth (although I actually haven't tried it since I don't do multiplayer on that system). I mostly have them so when I play with others they don't hear my game audio over the mic.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Last week I picked up the Playstation Gold Wireless Headset. I am in love with this thing (paid $80 for it).

I love that the microphone is integrated so there isn't something dangling in front of my face. The audio is top notch. Wireless audio just works on PS4 and using it as a wired headset is just as easy on Wii U, Xbox One and Vita.

I love that certain PS4 games are developing sound profiles for it. Now I have an amazing surround sound setup and its weird in many cases I prefer the headset's audio and immersion that it provides.

Happy it uses the same cable as my PS4 controller to make charging easier.

For $80 I can't recommend this enough - the USB dongle will even work with PC or Mac if you are into gaming there.

lJoSquaredl

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2012
Wireless 5.8 or the newest MixAmp one?

They're about 2-3 years old I think...definitely not the wireless, I don't trust wireless headsets yet anyway. I can sell the mix amp tho since u don't need it for PC or Xbox now:) Was considering selling the headset and mix amp together and just getting that sexy Logitech headset I keep seeing people use, but I don't think I wanna let go of these. I dig Astro, it's a good company, I like to rep and support them.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Im looking at the Razer Kraken Pro's, but I can't seem to find out if they work with the PS4 or not. I saw some YT videos, but it shows people using them to send a voice message, no in game chat. I want to get a decent pair of headphones eventually, and I think the Razer's are a better option than the Playstation Gold headset.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I am in the market for a really good gaming headset for my XB1.

I have some Turtle Beach ones for my PS4 and they do the job but in my house I need to wear a headset at night as to not disturb the little one.

I dont mind paying for something if its really worth it and these are getting critical acclaim already:

http://imgur.com/a/zp2Z9

But I have never owned a high end headset and is it even worth it?

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
For my PS4 I use Sony's Gold headset, otherwise known as the Headset 2.0:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlaySt...d=1413336978&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+headset+2.0

IMO you cannot beat them, they sound great, have great integration with the PS4, are lightweight, have great sound insulation, are pretty durable. Good price too.
Plus all they are is the headset and a tiny USB dongle, non of this charging stand and separate boxes malarky. I did have a pair of Turtle Beach headphones and sold them for the Sony's.

But it does seem you can spend an awful lot on headsets if you want to!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.