Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twingodingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2014
So i've seen an issue where someone in another thread is seeing their iPhone's data disappear within seconds? My iPhone has 10GB of "Other" and i have NO clue what to do with my iPhone to retrieve this storage. I'm in desperate need for this storage as i'm on a business trip abroad for the next 2 weeks and have no way of doing anything on my phone. I cannot wipe and reinstall as the computer my phone's synced with, is at home.

ANY advice would be extremely helpful and MUCH appreciated. I'm sat here with 0GB storage and have client details to add into my phone.

I hope this will be fixed in B3!

Thanks guys

Nov 28, 2010
located
Since this is your work phone, why does it run a beta as main OS?

Anyway, what does Settings > General > Usage tell you about your storage? It may take a minute or so to show the data usage.

twingodingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2014
Since this is your work phone, why does it run a beta as main OS?

Anyway, what does Settings > General > Usage tell you about your storage? It may take a minute or so to show the data usage.

My actual work phone broke so was using this as a fix, but obviously the fix needs fixing. -_-
It tells me the app that's using the most is the Photo app and currently holds 448MBs. I've added up the total data of my apps etc and it comes to 2.4GB.

Nov 28, 2010
located
My actual work phone broke so was using this as a fix, but obviously the fix needs fixing. -_-
It tells me the app that's using the most is the Photo app and currently holds 448MBs. I've added up the total data of my apps etc and it comes to 2.4GB.

And the OTHER was shown in iTunes when connected to your Mac, which you no longer have access to since finding out, that your storage is going to zero?

twingodingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2014
And the OTHER was shown in iTunes when connected to your Mac, which you no longer have access to since finding out, that your storage is going to zero?

Precisely. my memory is full, iTunes on my mac shows 10GB of 'Other" and my total app storage is 2.4GB. As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating. :/

Nov 28, 2010
located
Precisely. my memory is full, iTunes on my mac shows 10GB of 'Other" and my total app storage is 2.4GB. As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating. :/

And you do not have access to any Mac anymore?
What about using Dropbox or iCloud to back up photos and then delete them from your device?

twingodingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2014
And you do not have access to any Mac anymore?
What about using Dropbox or iCloud to back up photos and then delete them from your device?

I would if i was at home.

Literally I have 4 photos, 1 video, 400/500 contacts, 4 message conversations and a handful of apps. :p and i can sure everyone now, that shouldn't take up 12GB :)

Nov 28, 2010
located
I would if i was at home.

Literally I have 4 photos, 1 video, 400/500 contacts, 4 message conversations and a handful of apps. :p and i can sure everyone now, that shouldn't take up 12GB :)

Restarted the phone yet?

Access to any Mac? You can make a backup on another Mac on a temporary user account via iTunes and copying the data onto a USB flash storage thumb drive.

Kirihuna

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2013
I had a somewhat similar problem a few weeks ago. I had about 10GB of songs, apps, and other data but it was a giant block of "Other" data in iTunes.

I just simply reinstalled iOS 8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.