Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Hi all, in the last few weeks I keep getting internet connection error while downloading a movie or a big file. I used to leave the computer to it, come back few hours and it was downloaded and ready to go. Now I keep getting network error in the middle of the download.
I have no other issues with normal use. We also use the wi-fi for our tablets and phones. Can anyone suggest anything I'm running the latest OS on a 2010 iMac

Cheers

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Try reset the router and cable modem. If may not be the Mac's problem.
Thanks for the reply. will try it tonite. If the problme is with the computer do I need to reset the SMC settings? will that help? what I don't understand is why it's not getting any network error while in normal use?

EDIT: what if I reset the PRAM settings and delete system configuration as well?

Last edited:

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
If you suspect there is something wrong about the computer, you can always do the followings in order.

1) Reset SMC
2) Reset PRAM
3) Boot into recovery partition
4) Repair disk
5) Repair permission (run this at least twice until there is no fault message)

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
If you suspect there is something wrong about the computer, you can always do the followings in order.

1) Reset SMC
2) Reset PRAM
3) Boot into recovery partition
4) Repair disk
5) Repair permission (run this at least twice until there is no fault message)
Thanks for that. Apple must have heard me. when I got home there's was a software update specifically for this issue. Everything looks normal. I downloaded a movie without any problems..

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.