Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/899393/

Reactions to the first appearance of the iPhone 4. :D
It went on to be one of the most popular iPhone's ever.

I didn't like the iPhone 4 either. And I wasn't an iPhone owner then. Something about that stainless steel band and the fugly bumpers that lots of people seem to use on the iPhone 4 series.

My first iPhone purchase was the iPhone 5. I like the look, I like the fact that it's black/slate and everything else about it. I was not happy when Apple chose to keep producing the 4s instead of replacing it with the 5 and then discontinued the 5! Another reason I don't care for the 5c either.

If the 6 has all those curves I keep seeing I will probably just stick with my 5.

RafixPhoenix

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2013
I really can't believe people thought the 4's design was "hideous". I thought it looked more premium then the previous designs.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I really can't believe people thought the 4's design was "hideous". I thought it looked more premium then the previous designs.
I had a black iPhone 3GS at one point. Looked WAY better to me than the iPhone 4/4S.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I loved the iPhone 4 design but the thicker lines on the back of the leaked iPhone6 do not look very sleek

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I didn't like the 4 design at first - largely due to having no idea what the antenna bands were, and having to rely on Gizmodo's wonderful journalism (they said the back was plastic originally, that the screen was smaller, that the resolution wasn't quite double the 3GS etc)

On reflection, it's one of the best pieces of design ever to come from Apple. The 5 is very similar, and it like it just as much. I think the rumoured 6 looks great too - nothing too radical, but improves on a solid design. Roll on September.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.