Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danlocke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
UK
Hi there,

Bought my 13" late 2013 rMBP last week here in NY. Will be returning home in a week where I have an old 23" apple cinema display HD, which I am currently using with my desktop with the official apple ADC to DVI adapter (as in attached picture). I believe it's using DVI-D dual-link.

Will I be able to use this display with my new Mac?

Thanks,

Dan

adc_large.jpg

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
You'd need a mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter. Apple sells one, but you might be able to find a cheaper third-party one, or perhaps search fleBay for a second-hand unit.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Those displays do not use DualLink-DVI. They use regular DVI. You'll need a mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter as well as the Apple ADC-DVI adapter. Those displays do not work with 2012 Mac Minis and may not work with your Macbook. They also do not fully function with 10.9 because of missing kexts.

danlocke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
UK
Those displays do not use DualLink-DVI. They use regular DVI. You'll need a mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter as well as the Apple ADC-DVI adapter. Those displays do not work with 2012 Mac Minis and may not work with your Macbook. They also do not fully function with 10.9 because of missing kexts.

Right so if it did work, it would be with this adapter?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Yes, that would be the required adapter to go between the the Macbook and the ADC-DVI adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.