Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoonerBucks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
So, I got my iPad Air for Christmas and unfortunately a week later my son knocked it out of my lap and cracked the screen. I kept it broken for a few months until I had the money to get it fixed. I took it to a local repair place and had numerous issues, but the coup de grâce is the home button issue. It is loose and even slides up under the screen. The people at the repair place told me it was not faulty parts, but me being rough on the home button. I haven't been able to find a single person suffering from this phenomena. Prior to all of my repair issues (basically before they got their grubby paws on my device) my home button was solid and worked. They told me all the parts come straight from Apple and that the parts are perfectly fine. Has anyone had this issue on new, refurb, or repaired unit?

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Family members have had screen replacements done on an iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5s, using a local shop.

Not a single issue with the home button. While the parts your shop obtained may be fine, their workmanship clearly isn't and I would (nicely and politely) demand they fix the problem they caused.

If they refuse, your options are letting the public know of their shoddy workmanship on social media and ratings sites, as well as small claims court.

SoonerBucks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Thank you! I already went to them once about it and they "fixed" it, but it's still loose. I'm tempted to go to another store and ask them about it and see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.