Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
So I am having a house built. I was out there and noticed holes in the foundation. I see that these were where the I-beams are set (after the fact?) Are these normal or why would these be there? Would this be a defect or something?

I am hoping some of MR would have some experience.

Attachments

• image-1.jpeg
    image-1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 148
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks like they screwed up and forgot to put the i-beams in before putting the floor down. I can't see any reason why they'ed have to cut a hole in the foundation, when they could have just used a form that had it already in place.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
What maflynn said. Shouldn't be a problem as long as they close it again properly - which is nothing special.

----------

I wonder when they start with the water resitant foliage though? Or do you live some place where they never heard of rain? :D

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Have you raised the issue with the builder? This should be easy to take car of at this stage. I had a house built about 20 years ago. I found that if I didn't stay on top of things by visiting the job site at least a few times a week, things were missed or done incorrectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.