Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 23, 2006, 09:28 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iTunes Album Browser for Windows

Category: 3rd Party Software
Link: iTunes Album Browser for Windows
Description:: This program is a companion for iTunes (Windows). It analyses your music collection, collates the full albums that are contained within it, and displays the album covers (or spines), with various sorting and filtering capabilities to get to the music you want quickly and intuitively. It retrieves album art from Amazon automatically if required.

It can also display album reviews, song lyrics and collate all other songs from the playing artist. It's also possible to collate "best of" albums by artist or genre, using your own personal ratings.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:48 AM   #2
Fiveos22
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Fiveos22 Send a message via Yahoo to Fiveos22
Is this a good program?

Compared to

iTMS Album Art Finder

iTunes Catalog

or

Album Cover Finder?
Fiveos22 is offline   0
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:52 AM   #3
balamw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveos22
Is this a good program?
Or http://ialbumart.ipod-sync.com/?

I'm downloading it to give it a whirl.

EDIT: Couldn't get the silly thing to run at all.

B

Last edited by balamw; Jan 23, 2006 at 04:34 PM.
balamw is offline   0
Old Mar 17, 2006, 04:01 AM   #4
jezbo
macrumors newbie

Most of those other programs are Mac-only (this is a Windows program, so not sure why it is in a Mac forum anyway!!) or simply retrieve album art and embed it within iTunes (which this program does as well, but it is much more than that).

I'm the author. I know there were problems running 2.0.16 from a fresh install but the latest version from program home page will fix that. Try it again.
jezbo is offline   0
Old Mar 17, 2006, 01:55 PM   #5
jdechko
macrumors 68040

I would download it, but I think the program looks pretty ugly... something like a MS music store/player would be set up. But that's just my opinion. For me, iTunes does everything I want and does it very well.
jdechko is offline   0
Old Mar 17, 2006, 01:59 PM   #6
balamw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezbo
Try it again.
Thanks for checking in, I will probably download and try it again.

Personally, I tend to use Tag & Rename (which is a windows program) to get album art. I also linked to iAlbumArt (also a windows program) which I have played with. The latter is good for an iniital sweep of your Library, but I found it's accuracy lacking in early versions.

B

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion