Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I was at CBGB's several times back in the mid to late 70's. Saw the Ramones there more than I can remember, along with Talking Heads, Patty Smith, etc. Very sad the hear about Tommy. Lots of people from my generation are gone now. It seriously make me feel mortal, unlike they way I used to feel when I was young. RIP Tommy Ramone!! BTW, I'm 62 and still in good health. I hope it stays that way....

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Big Ramones fan. I'm from Forest Hills, where the band is from. Saw them at CBGBs a few times. RIP.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I read the news this morning. I've had many of their songs playing (well, ripping quickly) through my head all day.

RIP

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Big Ramones fan, sorry to hear this.

I was at CBGB's several times back in the mid to late 70's. Saw the Ramones there more than I can remember, along with Talking Heads, Patty Smith, etc. Very sad the hear about Tommy. Lots of people from my generation are gone now. It seriously make me feel mortal, unlike they way I used to feel when I was young. RIP Tommy Ramone!! BTW, I'm 62 and still in good health. I hope it stays that way....

That’s very cool. Hope you have a long and healthy life :)

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
This was just down right depressing to hear. Loved these guys..... RIP.

This was posted to my timeline on FB...

:(

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.