Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
This has been annoyiny me for sooooo long so I finally decided to make a thread about it.

I recently decided to delete all the iTrip stations from my library but I couldn't left click/drag to select them all because you can't.

Command 'a' doesn't help either because it selects all the songs in the library, where as I only wanted to select certain ones.

Anyway, I had to delete each one individually and it took ages.
Anyone know a way to select multiple tracks in iTunes?

Cheers.

frankblundt

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2005
South of the border
also - you can't shift-click more than once (as far as i know) so if you have a lot of songs you want to pick with a few you don't want in between, shift-click them all from the first to last and then apple-click the ones out of the middle you don't want to un-select them.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
frankblundt said:
also - you can't shift-click more than once (as far as i know) so if you have a lot of songs you want to pick with a few you don't want in between, shift-click them all from the first to last and then apple-click the ones out of the middle you don't want to un-select them.

That was actually really helpful. Thanks :D

MacBookProwler

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2009
ATTENTION EVERYONE to select multiple songs on itunes without individually selecting each one, hold SHIFT and take the mouse over a bunch of songs you want to highlight

also for individual selection press and hold command and select them

OriginalFormula

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2009
You can use the shift click to select multiple tracks close together. For tracks further apart, use apple+click.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
The drag to select has been the domain of any Finder windows (save dialogs included).

And I thought that everyone knew about shift selecting...I guess not. The individual command selection maybe not. Hasn't anyone used shift selection in like text editors?

Scrittrice

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
SHIFT / PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN

This couldn't be simpler, except that I kept forgetting how to do it.
If you have a Mac, select a track, then hold down SHIFT and then use PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN to select multiples.
Voila'.

Hella

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2016
SHIFT / PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN

This couldn't be simpler, except that I kept forgetting how to do it.
If you have a Mac, select a track, then hold down SHIFT and then use PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN to select multiples.
Voila'.

It doesn't work :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.