Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Good morning,

I'm looking for a simple photo editing app that is lightweight ad free if possible and able to do such a simple task as increase/reduce brightness. I was a little shocked to see apples default photo viewer did not have a simple brightness slider when editing!

Let me know what you guys like and why!

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
you can use photoshop free trail, or aperture (not free), i photo (really basic). I use aperture for photo editing but it cost $99.99

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Good morning,

I'm looking for a simple photo editing app that is lightweight ad free if possible and able to do such a simple task as increase/reduce brightness. I was a little shocked to see apples default photo viewer did not have a simple brightness slider when editing!

Let me know what you guys like and why!

The iPhone photo viewer does have brightness, you need to click the Edit button to see it.
If you are talking about Preview on the Mac, it does as well - pick Tools > Adjust Color.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
The iPhone photo viewer does have brightness, you need to click the Edit button to see it.

If you are talking about Preview on the Mac, it does as well - pick Tools > Adjust Color.

They added it since I posted this! Lol glad something so simple can be done

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.