Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:19 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

History of Pixar

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: History of Pixar
Description:: Pixar was actually started in the early seventies by a Gatsby-esque millionaire outside New York City. Since then, the team moved to Lucasfilm, was sold to Steve Jobs and lost over $100 million before running its first profit in 1994.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:42 PM   #2
tk421
macrumors 6502a

There are at least some factual errors in this - and ones that would have been easy to research.
i.e. Francis Ford Coppola did not write American Graffiti, he produced it. George Lucas wrote it.
I don't mean to nitpick, but an error like this makes me question the authenticity of the rest of the article.
tk421 is offline   0
Old Jan 23, 2006, 02:12 PM   #3
StickyJr
macrumors newbie

The information in the article appears to be mostly correct, at least when compared to a biography of Steve Jobs entitled The Second Coming of Steve Jobs by Alan Deutschman.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...lance&n=283155

Another error I noted in the article indicated that Berkley and Palo Alto are in Southern California. They are in Northern California. From my experience, it seems a lot of people who aren't familiar with California think the greater San Francisco area is in Southern California.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...63366?n=283155

Last edited by StickyJr; Jan 23, 2006 at 02:20 PM.
StickyJr is offline   0
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:12 PM   #4
sjk
macrumors 6502a

And it's spelled Berkeley.

Also, a rather significant (or at least unforgettable, for me) event occurred between Tin Toy and Toy Story which I was part of that the article omitted but I'm not going to say more about it here.
sjk is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2006, 08:22 AM   #5
iSaint
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to iSaint
My brother's father-in-law has been using Macs or Mac clones since the 80s. He remembers using Pixar for some of their modeling in the 80s. People like him are so brilliant, yet so non-chalant about this type of stuff us geeks would like to know!

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion