Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following in Tim Cook's footsteps, Apple's SVP of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue is auctioning his time to benefit the National Association of Basketball Coaches Foundation. Cue is widely known as a huge basketball fan, and has been seen at many basketball games, including those of his favorite team from Duke University, his alma mater.

In an auction on CharityBuzz, Cue is offering a one hour lunch meeting at Apple's Cupertino headquarters and a 13-inch 1.4Ghz MacBook Air with 256 GB of storage, a $1,199 value. The meeting is valid for two people, with lunch included, at a mutually agreed upon date.

eddycue.jpg
Have lunch with Apple, Inc., Senior Vice-President of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue at the Apple Headquarters in Cupertino, California, and bring home a 13-inch MacBook Air!

Eddy Cue is Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, reporting to CEO Tim Cook. Eddy oversees Apple's industry-leading content stores including the iTunes Store, the revolutionary App Store and the iBookstore, as well as Siri, Maps, iAd and Apple's innovative iCloud services. Eddy's team has an excellent track record of building and strengthening online services to meet and exceed the high expectations of Apple's customers. He is a 25-year Apple veteran and leads a large organization of amazing people.
Cue's auction ends on Wednesday, July 16 and is currently priced at $9,500 with an estimated value of $10,000. The auction was first listed in June, but was noticed earlier today by 9to5Mac.

The National Association of Basketball Coaches Foundation is an organization that supports the charitable and education purposes of the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC). The NABC has been responsible for founding national literacy program Ticket To Reading Rewards and it operates the College Basketball Experience, a facility in Kansas City that includes the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame.

Tim Cook has previously teamed up with CharityBuzz twice, offering a coffee meeting in 2013 and a lunch meeting in 2014 for a collective $940,000. Tim Cook's proceeds benefitted the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.

Article Link: Eddy Cue Auctions Lunch and a MacBook Air to Benefit Basketball Foundation

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Maybe this is what he was talking about when he said it was Apple biggest product lineup in 25 years, you can now officially have dinner with Eddy Cue :p

One a more serious note, nice news :)

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2010
Actually he seems like an interesting guy and it does go to charity so you should be able to write it off. Do I have an extra $10k laying around? No. I need to pay for the remodeling of my bathroom first.

Supermule

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
10.000$ - great value if you like the guy and find him interesting (and have the spare money).

goodcow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
Eddy seems cool. He responded to one of my emails about the iTunes Store last year.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
So basically he oversees all the businesses that are floundering or have seen the least amount of innovation since Steve's death and wasted $3B for a music streaming service that Google got for a few million in Songza? They should call him Eddy Clue-less.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
So basically he oversees all the businesses that are floundering or have seen the least amount of innovation since Steve's death and wasted $3B for a music streaming service that Google got for a few million in Songza? They should call him Eddy Clue-less.

Don't forget pioneering the wonderful e-book collusion that they got burned on last year.

Everytime I see his name come up I always wonder why they haven't fired him yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.