Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manoftheoak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Hi guys,

This time I have a little problem that is truly bothering me... I bought my new laptop at last, non-Retina MacBook Pro (mid 2012).

Everything would be completely perfect with it if not for one thing - backlight seems not to be equal on the whole screen, one part, under the webcam to be exact.

http://i.imgur.com/Y0QtfDw.jpg

(the other 'dark parts' are mostly thanks to the photo quality, besides upper left corner and lower right corner)

Have any of you experienced something like that? Will they replace the screen with no problems under the Apple warranty? It isn't even one month old and it's like this since the beginning...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
Hi guys,

This time I have a little problem that is truly bothering me... I bought my new laptop at last, non-Retina MacBook Pro (mid 2012).

Everything would be completely perfect with it if not for one thing - backlight seems not to be equal on the whole screen, one part, under the webcam to be exact.

http://i.imgur.com/Y0QtfDw.jpg

(the other 'dark parts' are only thanks to the photo quality)

Have any of you experienced something like that? Will they replace the screen with no problems under the Apple warranty? It isn't even one month old and it's like this since the beginning...

Thanks in advance!

Honestly I do not see anything that looks different than normal. Maybe it is more pronounced in person. If you just purchased it, take it back to the store in which you purchased it from and ask them for another machine.

manoftheoak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Please find the screenshot attached, I believe it's more visible here ^^"

The thing is, in Poland we have rather low quality assistance in most cases when it comes to repairs under warranty and I can't simply go and replace for a new one, as:

- I got it a month ago and it would be possible within two weeks from the date of sale
- it's a custom model (MD101 + i7 and 8GB RAM)

:/

Attachments

• zdj?cie.JPG
    zdj?cie.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
Please find the screenshot attached, I believe it's more visible here ^^"

The thing is, in Poland we have rather low quality assistance in most cases when it comes to repairs under warranty and I can't simply go and replace for a new one, as:

- I got it a month ago and it would be possible within two weeks from the date of sale
- it's a custom model (MD101 + i7 and 8GB RAM)

:/

Honestly I think that is just the TN panel. My wife's MBA has a couple of spots that are a bit darker but only when you really look for it. I would just see if anything changes with it but if it stays the same, it's not going to be an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.