Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBA2010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
My keyboard light has never worked on my MBA. I tried all of the tricks (flashlight directly on light sensor, reboot using control, option, plus power key) and nothing works. Is it possible my model doesn't have a keyboard light, or that it was bad out of the box? Also, when I go to Syst. Preferences, click Keyboard, there is no checkbox option for any type of keyboard light sensor etc. anywhere....? Help if you can please, thanks!

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I was very disappointed to find out that Apple did away with the backlit keyboard when I purchased my 2010 11" MacBook Air. One of the rare really dumb moves by Apple. I was very happy to see they reversed themselves and added it back to the 2011 and forward models. I really missed it and am thrilled my 2013 MacBook Air 13" has the beautiful backlit keys.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^Yep, that's a big plus for me too. I use a logitech backlit keyboard with my Mac Pro also. It allows me to keep the light off in my room with my Mac Pro or wherever I happen to be with my MBA.

Lou

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.