Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:59 PM   #1
GanChan
macrumors 6502

Question for web developers

I've created a short video of client testimonials to help promote my business and draw more attention to my website. I've heard that having a video embedded on your site boosts the site's effectiveness as a selling tool big-time, but I also know that Google loves YouTube links, and that method has practical advantages as well.

What do you think? Embedded video or simple link?

Thanks.

Last edited by GanChan; Oct 1, 2010 at 04:30 PM.
GanChan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 07:57 PM   #2
NikMac
macrumors member

Video testimonials are an invaluable resource for any business. To answer your question, why not do both? Create a YouTube account for your website, upload your videos there (with links back to your website in the description), and embed the videos onto your website using YouTube's "embed" feature.

By the way, here is a blog I follow, it has some really useful resources for video marketing: http://gideonshalwick.com/

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development