Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Hello

Got my rMini yesterday.... is this a fault or is everyone's the same?

The speakers are pretty much useless unless at the top 1 or 2 bars.

By comparison I can put my iphone 5 at halfway and hear just as well.

The first 1-80% of the mini volume is pretty pointless - just cant hear anything!

is it just me?? Feel like im gonna have to just keep it on max permanently - seems OK but I like to know i could increase it further if I wanted to!

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I can confirm what Bacong already stated: the rMini speakers are pretty low. Whenever I watch a video, I have to turn the volume pretty much all the way up.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
Hello

Got my rMini yesterday.... is this a fault or is everyone's the same?

The speakers are pretty much useless unless at the top 1 or 2 bars.

By comparison I can put my iphone 5 at halfway and hear just as well.

The first 1-80% of the mini volume is pretty pointless - just cant hear anything!

is it just me?? Feel like im gonna have to just keep it on max permanently - seems OK but I like to know i could increase it further if I wanted to!

That's the only bugbear I have with my rMini; the speakers!

Hopefully Apple will sort it out with the next release (or find a way to improve the volume with iOS 8.)

hungx

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
I think it's a bug in iOS 7. The volume was fine on my 1st gen iPad Mini running iOS 6, but the volume was so low (even when set on max) after I updated to iOS 7. I have since upgraded to the iPad mini retina and I can confirm that the volume has been fixed in the current beta of iOS 8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.