Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Spent many many hours on this, so I hope everyone appreciates it! My MacBook Pro runs the developer edition of Yosemite, so I figured I could create a pack containing the icons used and be able to apply them to Leopard. In the pack is the default OS icons such as folders, and also some application icons (like Safari, Spotify, Skype (till it dies), Firefox, and a bunch of others with more planned to arrive in the next update.

The install is simple, just download the DMG (which took me forever to make! But it is the way I want it now) and follow the readme. Uses CandyBar for the applications, which works from Jaguar to Mountain Lion, however Leopard saw the best results while it seemed funky with Tiger and Mavericks.

In the future I hope to work with Aquadock or Unusualcore, if not both :D on a full pack including a Yosemite style dock. But for now, we have icons! Working on getting more into the next update coming later this month.

Enjoy! Please post feedback or suggestions if you have them!

Yosemite Icon Pack for OS X
Beta 0.1.4 - July 16, 2014

http://ppcarchive.dyniform.net/el-capitan-theme-pack.html

6864717.jpg

Last edited:

MrPilot

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2013
Outstanding!

Will install now. I suggest for the wallpaper that people re-save it in preview with the "small" file size setting so that it shrinks from over 4Mb to 700kb or so.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Spent many many hours on this, so I hope everyone appreciates it! My MacBook Pro runs the developer edition of Yosemite, so I figured I could create a pack containing the icons used and be able to apply them to Leopard. In the pack is the default OS icons such as folders, and also some application icons (like Safari, Spotify, Skype (till it dies), Firefox, and a bunch of others with more planned to arrive in the next update.

The install is simple, just download the DMG (which took me forever to make! But it is the way I want it now) and follow the readme. Uses CandyBar for the applications, which works from Jaguar to Mountain Lion, however Leopard saw the best results while it seemed funky with Tiger and Mavericks.

In the future I hope to work with Aquadock or Unusualcore, if not both :D on a full pack including a Yosemite style dock. But for now, we have icons! Working on getting more into the next update coming later this month.

Beta 0.4.1 - July 16, 2014

http://ppcarchive.dyniform.net/yosemite-theme-pack.html

Send me a PM. Perhaps we can work on the Dock part together and I have an idea.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
A temporary solution for the dock would be

run this shell script "defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES"

It gives you a 2d dock

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland

Beta 0.1.4 - July 16, 2014

http://ppcarchive.dyniform.net/yosemite-theme-pack.html

What is the purple icon in the Dock next to Safari?

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
Yes I know old thread....

Love the Mountain lion theme,and Yosemite Icon's...does anyone know where I could get a Yosemite looking Dock? Perhaps one to be used with "Leopard Dock" app....?

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta

Love the Mountain lion theme,and Yosemite Icon's...does anyone know where I could get a Yosemite looking Dock? Perhaps one to be used with "Leopard Dock" app....?

I don't have much knowledge with docks, however I'm going to have to believe the closest to the Yosemite dock we can get is the 2D dock.

Then besides that I really need to put some time aside for a new icon pack!

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
I have already downloaded this. I just have not used my MDD in a couple of weeks to try it out. Currently I have the Lion theme pack on the MDD even have the About This Mac say 10.7.8...

Last edited by a moderator:

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island

Setting the Leopard Dock to 2D and then following the instructions on this webpage to remove the docks border gives a pretty good likeness.
This is the best I've found so-far.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Perfect...Looks great now! :)

I prefer a different indicator (white triangles) style as seen here.
It can be had by tunneling down to "System>Library>CoreServices>Dock and open the dock package contents>Resources. Now save 'indicator_small_simple.png and indicator_medium_simple.png' somewhere safe as backups. Finally copy the new files from the zipfile into the Resources overwriting the originals.
All that remains is to restart the Dock.

Attachments

• Picture 1.JPG
    Picture 1.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 235
  • indicators.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 151

comda

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
i know this is PPC but any chance this will work in snow leopard..? looks stunning!

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I changed the "About This Mac" part manually. The only thing that says 10.7.8 IS the about this Mac, the system itself says 10.5.8 still.

You do not want to change any version numbers as it can break certain applications or their functionality.

i know this is PPC but any chance this will work in snow leopard..? looks stunning!

It is a simple CandyBar package. Themes that are not cross compatible are the ones generally with independent installers.

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
You do not want to change any version numbers as it can break certain applications or their functionality.
I aint had a problem yet (other than a dead PRAM Battery) that and the fact i don't know how to change it back it was in the instructions of the Lion theme I installed on it.

Last edited:

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I aint had a problem yet (other than a dead PRAM Battery) that and the fact i don't know how to change it back it was in the instructions of the Lion theme I installed on it.

I am just informing you that some functions may break. Software Update and other core services come to mind...

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
I am just informing you that some functions may break. Software Update and other core services come to mind...

I actually did have that when I turned both of the numbers from 10.5.8 to 10.7.8 however once I turned one back to 10.5.8 leaving About This Mac to say 10.7.8 i had no more issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.