Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

super_kev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
USofA
So I noticed in that in the past month my Macbook Pro (purchased in 2011/2012) has been stuttering/pausing every 10-15 seconds during use (iTunes video podcast playback, Safari page loading, etc.) and while the mouse is usable, I get a pause. Just as I was typing this message the text did not show up for a second and then bam all at once and it caught up. My HD is only about 60% full (300 of 500GB). I don't know what's going on. I also use iStat Menus (version 3) and was on 10.9.3 (just updated to 10.9.4 today, no change) and noticed that when I click on the CPU graph in the menubar (the temp and network areas are fine), the whole menubar crashes. If I disable the CPU graph part and restart, I still have the same problems.

I've been running 10.9 for 3-4 months now and the problem just popped up in the past month. Otherwise computer was swift and responsive to anything I threw at it. Activity Monitor doesn't show anything, but then a spike or pause in CPU use over a second wouldn't show up anyways. This happens plugged in or on battery power.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.