Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrLemur

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2014
I just got my new mac pro and moved my system from my mac mini to it from a time machine backup on my external drive. Everything went smoothly. The OS used is the latest updated version of Maveriks and it seems that now "Address book" has become "Contacts". One of the first things I wanted to do was set up FaceTime to conference with people so I opened FT and added a contact as I normally would.. Only when clicking done the contact would not be added.. weird.. Ok so then I thought oh.. of course I have to go and add it within the "Contacts" app and then it will appear in FaceTime. Seems kinda silly I'd have to do that but okay I'll try that. So I open up "Contacts" and add a contact. (card or whatever) It works and a contact is added but then when I quit the program and go back in my added contacts are gone. So then I added one again and went to "file" and "save" thinking.. maybe it needed to be saved to stay in there.. but I'll be damned.. the damn "save" selection is greyed out. So now I am completely shafted and out of ideas so naturally I came here. :) Any ideas will be very helpful and will possibly stop a computer being lightly slapped in anger. Cheers :)

DrLemur

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2014
Update

Okay so I sort of got around this one by using the "iCloud" (adding my iCloud account in contacts/accounts area of "contacts app menu) to sync my contacts from my iPhone and everything works fine that way. But I'd still love to have the ability to add them manually on my computer like I was able to do once upon a time. I don't like using the iCloud and avoid it like the plague where possible. I guess unless anyone else knows another way I'm doomed to adding accounts rather than individuals manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.