Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
What was the very last tweak you installed and would you recommend it to other users?
Mine was, "slide to reboot" A simple tweak that allows you to reboot your iPhone using the same slider as your 'slide to turn off'.

Yours?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
PopSearch. It's an addon to the Action Menu which lets you select specific text and then search on Google, Amazon, Wiki or Bing.

Haven't really used it yet, but I tried it to make sure it works and it does. More of a useful versus a flashy tweak.

Other than updates, most stuff is iOS 7 now so I haven't been installing a lot. I do really like Ringer Events for Activator though. It runs actions when muting or unmuting my phone. I've set it to turn DND on and off depending on where my mute switch is.

Eliminates the extra step of doing that via another Activator action when I don't want any sound coming from my phone.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Is Activator fully functioning on 7.1.2? Seems I had a compatibility issue when it tried to download with InstaLauncher.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Is Activator fully functioning on 7.1.2? Seems I had a compatibility issue when it tried to download with InstaLauncher.

install the beta version. it's the release candidate so it should be close to public release unless someone reports a bug with it

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
^
Flawless!
Thanks for that. Installed rpetri.ch/repo and thus the beta Activator tweak and now works perfectly.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
^
Flawless!
Thanks for that. Installed rpetri.ch/repo and thus the beta Activator tweak and now works perfectly.
Just to add here, the latest beta is still functioning flawlessly on iOS 6.1 too. Petrich has so far kept compatibility.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Well, the absolute most-recent tweaks (not updates) I’ve installed are pretty minor: Better Switcher Position, and No Page Dots.

But the recent addition one I would recommend most strongly is SlideCut, and there is really no contest. I added it a few months ago, and it has made typing and text editing a world-and-a-half easier.

I also recently installed Cylinder, and I now use a page-swipe animation (of my own Lua-script creation) that shows the icons flipping over in place one after another like dominoes rather than sliding off the page.

Before that I installed Fully Masked Passwords, which hides the most recent character in password fields of websites and such, but does not seem to work with popups like when installing something from the App Store.

Prior to that was BatteryInfo Lite, solely to check the internal temperature.

A few more minor tweaks: Status Bar Switcher, Morse Buzz, and StatusTab. StatusTab is nice because I use fullscreen apps frequently, and I never use the Notification Center (I have it essentially disabled), and now I can quickly check the time or my battery level when in fullscreen mode just by swiping down from the top to make the status bar appear.

Two months ago I added BytaFont and started using Source Sans, and about the same time I installed rpetrich’s SearchSettings which unfortunately only lets you search the current page of Settings, so it does not help you find where something is buried three or four levels deep.

And a month before that I added ActIf, but I have never actually used it.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
^
Thanks for the suggestions. Some of those I have never even heard of. I've got some Googling/reading to do!

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Hermes.

Supposedly a quick reply for whatsapp, didn't work at all so uninstalled.

Seems to basically do the exact same thing as couria (sp?).

Both require whatsapp to be always running in the background.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Auxo 2 and Couria were my last 2 tweaks.

Auxo2 merges the task switcher and Control Centre and adds a swipe gestures to bring it up and switch apps.

Couria is a really lite quick reply tweak similar to biteSMS. The only thing I don't really like about it is that I can't take photos with the quick reply option; I'd have to go into the messaging app.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Auxo 2 and Couria were my last 2 tweaks.

Auxo2 merges the task switcher and Control Centre and adds a swipe gestures to bring it up and switch apps.

Couria is a really lite quick reply tweak similar to biteSMS. The only thing I don't really like about it is that I can't take photos with the quick reply option; I'd have to go into the messaging app.

Just tried Auxo2. Wow, great stuff. If only apple could implement that tweak. Thanks for the rec.

KNO21

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
Auxo 2 and couria but my whatsapp couria add on stopped working, anybody know why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.