Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybird28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
I'm thinking a good birthday purchase in September is a iPad Air tablet to go with my iPhone 5 and soon to be upgrade to bigger and better iphones this fall. Now I read that theres a possible AIR upgrade to boot. Must I wait for both upgrades?? I already own the iPhone 5 and have a Android tablet that I don't like. Can I get the Air at a possible discount prize or should I unwilling wait for both upgrades and spoil my birthday???

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
Well that's the nature of technology, I guess. It just keeps marching forward like millions of army ants, nothing stops it. That being said, I went from the 3 to the Air and for me this is the iPad that makes me say "Okay, this is the one." I say buy the Air and just enjoy it. It's so light, very fast, a long-lasting battery (upwards of 15 hrs.) and just a very nice form factor, at least for everything I want in an iPad. Apple will have to add significant improvements to get me to upgrade again (unless I decide I need more storage than 32gb).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.