Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

love2lift7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have a macbook 6,1 given to me in late 2009. I recently had it repaired (new charger + new batteries).

Everything is running fine now especially after I've upgraded to Mavericks. I still have some junk file here and there to delete.

I was wondering if you guys have any tips/app recommendations to help me in maintaining my macbook battery life/performance.

I also notice that the fan can be a bit noisy when I have several large apps running, is this normal?

Help much appreciated :cool::apple:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The fan noise is normal. For best battery life, just use the battery sometimes. Don't let it sit there constantly plugged in or let the battery run completely empty very often. Both things like that can damage a lithium battery's usable life.

love2lift7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
Thanks, yeah the repair guy told me to unplug the adapter once it gets to 90% but at the same time do not let it drain batteries.

Any apps you would recommend?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You can let it charge to 100%, it may even be best that you do. Just don't let it stay plugged in for a month non-stop. Use the battery and let it cycle a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.