Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the fourth beta of iOS 8 to developers, two weeks after releasing the third beta update and more than a month and a half since unveiling the new operating system at the Worldwide Developers Conference.

The update, build number 12A4331d, is available through Apple's over-the-air updating system on iOS devices and can also be downloaded via the iOS Developer Center. Apple has also released Xcode 6 beta 4 and a new Apple TV beta.

ios_8_beta_4.jpg
iOS 8 introduces a range of new features, including improved integration with OS X through Continuity, a Health app, Family Sharing features, interactive notifications, a new QuickType Keyboard and improvements to several apps like Safari, Mail, and Messages.

iOS 8 beta 4 includes several new features, like a redesigned Control Center and the introduction of a new Tips app. For a full list of changes in the beta, make sure to check out our iOS 8 Beta 4 Tidbits post.

iOS 8 beta 4's Monday, July 21 release date was accurately predicted by BGR earlier in July.

Currently, iOS 8 is only available to registered developers, but the operating system is expected to be released to the public this fall after several beta iterations. Based on past history, iOS 8 will likely be launched alongside new iPhones, and possibly the much-rumored iWatch.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 8 Beta 4 to Developers

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Just maybe I need to update my iPhone. I think I'm still on Beta 1 or 2. Lol. That's only because my N5 is my primary device.

durkkin

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
I jumped on here to see if there was an update literally the same minute this was posted. Good timing. Also my update is 305MB not 253. Hmmm...

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
It would be nice if the Yosemite public beta was released today...but a guy can dream...

It is also interesting how they changed the picture in the article from iOS 8: Coming this fall to the screenshot.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Getting it now. I actually just thought "I bet beta 4 is coming out right now" checked and it was there. Came to macrumors and the story was just added. Very quick!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I jumped on here to see if there was an update literally the same minute this was posted. Good timing. Also my update is 305MB not 253. Hmmm...
Sounds like a significant update either way.

sguser

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2010
Nothing on the developer site yet. I wonder if the Beta4 is going to be OTA only?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.