Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Release

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
This is weird and it happens with both Airmail (my default email) and Apple Mail. I haven't noticed it in any other application.

When I'm typing an email, if I go back to edit something or highlight a word (or even try to insert a new sentence in the middle of text that has already been written) the location of the curser LOOKS like its in-between words but when I type something, it's actually nowhere near where it's supposed to be.

For example, if I'm trying to edit "it's nowhere near where it's supposed to be". I would click right before the "n" in nowhere and start typing... but it would start typing, say, in the middle of the word near. It makes it impossible to edit anything.

This just started recently and I don't remember installing anything new. I thought it was a problem with Airmail but when I checked Apple Mail the same thing happened. I could go back and edit anything in this message with no problems at all so I *think* it's just confined to email.

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.