Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whodaddy61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
My Mac mini freezes up and will not let me do anything. I tried restarting-didn't work,still got same freeze issue. Same with Command Option Escape. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whodaddy61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
No, it was factory fresh. Just a few months old. Ido believe I may have a virus. Is t

Is there a way to run in safe mode like in PC's"?

Alroxas

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2014
I'm experiencing the same with my Mac Mini (Model MC815LL) as well.

Originally, apps would just freeze (spinning pinwheel of death) including Finder so I tried booting to safe mode and repaired directories which seemed to work ok for a few days but now it's still freezing up.

Also when running more intensive apps like Netflix, I can get like maybe 10~15 minutes of video before the entire system crashes (frozen screen, noise for sound) and forces me to do a reboot.

Before that crash happened, I checked and saw that I was only using 10% of the HD (500 GB hard drive, only 50 GB used), plenty of RAM (8 GB in a 2x4GB configuration).

I'm now considering doing a clean install of Maverick to see if that won't help. But any other tips, I would really appreciate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.