Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sound

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
When will Apple update the current Display line?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
There hasn't been any hard evidence in a while that anything new is coming...

However, there's a deal going on right now on my campus, selling the 17" displays for about $430. They apparently have around 30 that they want to get rid of. Maybe the store was told to clear stock, or maybe the guy just went nuts...I'm not sure yet.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
There hasn't been any hard evidence in a while that anything new is coming...

However, there's a deal going on right now on my campus, selling the 17" displays for about $430. They apparently have around 30 that they want to get rid of. Maybe the store was told to clear stock, or maybe the guy just went nuts...I'm not sure yet.

$430 you say? Wanna buy me one and ship to Moxie Mike.... 19.... oh wait. ;)

I have the 17" and am finding it a bit cramped. Thinking about buying another one, or a 15" and an adapter. OR maybe selling my g4 dp450 and the 17" to get a formac gallery 2010.

It's 1699 and while the screen is smaller than the cinema, it's got a larger resolution. Which is appealing.... I dunno. $430 + $150 would be a deal for the 17" lcd and the apple dvi2adc conversion plug.

Hrmmmmmm....

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Monitor Lineup

I was in my local computer store today chatting with one of the sales people. Some interesting things were said. One of which was a new monitor lineup.

The next lineup of Apple displays will be 17", 19", 22" and 23"HD. The sales person also said the 17" would sell for what the 15" is now selling for.

I know this has already been speculated. I found it interesting that that a sales person would mention it.

wormy

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2002
would apple be evil enough to release new displays after they release the new power macs (to clear out inventory first)? i'm gonna be mighty pissed if they do...

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
Off topic....a little

I've been envying the 23" displays for a while now, but can't afford to shell out that much dough....not to knock Apple or anything, I just prefer to save mega $$$ by purchasing 'extras' (memory, hard drives, etc.) elsewhere. Is it possible to use another LCD monitor with a Mac? I've noticed that some 21" LCD's have come down to around $800...:confused:

sound

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
will the 23HD Display stay the same?

will the 23HD Display stay the same or is it possible that it get an update?
an additional connector for HD TV Boxes would be nice - to connect a HDTV box directliy to the display. would be great for video editing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.