Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TomTomTuning

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Central PA
15" Mid-2010 MacBook Pro
Core i7" 2.66Ghz
MC373LL/A
MacBookPro6,2
OSX 10.9.4
Boot Camp - Windows 7 SP1

I just installed a 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD and I decided to re-install OSX/Win7, so it's all fresh installs. I ran all of the system updates for both operating systems, etc. The problem I'm having is while in Win7 my WiFi continues to disconnect randomly. It says I'm still connected to the WiFi but there's no internet access. I can repair the wireless or disconnect/re-connect to resolve the issue but 10-15 minutes later it happens again. I re-installed the wireless card drivers, rebooted, ensured all updated were performed etc. It's driving me nuts, especially considering this was not an issue with the previous HD. I doubt the problem is with the SSD but I'm not sure what could be causing this...

I need Windows for work, so it's important that I get this fixed. I did tons of searching online and I found so many people having the same problem but never with a resolution. :(

I had to stretch a Ethernet cord across the room so I could attend my meetings today, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.