Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cinder6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
I've run the update twice, and it's still showing in the App Store. Is this normal? Should I just ignore it for now? I've been having lots of problems waking from sleep, so I want to make sure this update gets applied.

razmarino

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
same here. and system report showing old version. tried manual installation - no results.
mba 11" 2011 i7 OSX 10.9.4.. and there were phantom spinoffs after sleep. actually the only problem with this mac.. oh, the second one with this update,)

Last edited:

symphara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2013
I've run the update twice, and it's still showing in the App Store. Is this normal? Should I just ignore it for now? I've been having lots of problems waking from sleep, so I want to make sure this update gets applied.

Exactly same issue here. I applied it twice, it seemed to install fine, restarted, it's again listed in the "updates" section.

What's going on?

Sowelu

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
New York City
Same issue here. Installed it 3 times - no errors, the Mac restarts, still same old Firmware version and the update still appears in the AppStore.

keewawa

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2011

Same here! 4 attempts. Now it even takes longer to start up :mad:

josephavellino

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
New Jersey
EFI 2.9 is designed only for mid-2011 MBA's of course.
if you download the update manually and install on a mid-2011 Air it should work and disappear from App Store as an update.
if it is indeed still showing, then it's a mystery to me also … …

Thanks for the tip! Do you know the URL for the update to do it manually?

Thanks in advance.

----------

Thanks for the tip! Do you know the URL for the update to do it manually?

Thanks in advance.

Did the manual download and install, problem still exists. ugh

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
Just tried to update my 2011 MBA. Tried twice from the App Store, and once manually. Shows the update is still available.

Bob Coxner

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
Those for whom it failed to install may be the lucky ones. There are a lot of reports of it completely bricking machines.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6460212?start=0&tstart=0

It installed ok for me but now I'm having all kinds of WiFi problems, which is what it was supposed to fix. It now never connects to my network when waking from sleep. I have to manually point it to my network and tell it to connect every time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.