Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joimaiveeer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
I have a google account and want to sync my contacts list from my iP5 to my google account contacts. For example when I save a new contact on my iP5, it won't show the new contact under my google account contacts on the web. The new contact will save under my iCloud.com contacts. Is it because of "Fetch New Data"? I put "Manually" under fetch but for my Gmail it's "Fetch".

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I have a google account and want to sync my contacts list from my iP5 to my google account contacts. For example when I save a new contact on my iP5, it won't show the new contact under my google account contacts on the web. The new contact will save under my iCloud.com contacts. Is it because of "Fetch New Data"? I put "Manually" under fetch but for my Gmail it's "Fetch".

To make Google the default Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>CONTACTS>Default Account.

If you don't want iPhone contacts syncing with iCloud at all, turn off Settings>iCloud>Contacts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.