Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
For an application that's supposed to be fairly simple to use....the simplest features are not as obvious as I would have thought...I am trying to make the transitions between photos shorter than standard and all the same. I am also trying to make the time a picture is shown the same across all pics....Using 2013 MBP and iMovie 10.0.4. Can someone assist me? Thanks.

BlunderToo

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2014
Trondheim, Norway
For an application that's supposed to be fairly simple to use....the simplest features are not as obvious as I would have thought...I am trying to make the transitions between photos shorter than standard and all the same. I am also trying to make the time a picture is shown the same across all pics....Using 2013 MBP and iMovie 10.0.4. Can someone assist me? Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, you will have to set the time each photo is shown to the time you want the photo to show PLUS the duration of the transition.

To make all photos show for the same amount of time just select all photos and edit settings.

If you edit the first transition I think you will be asked if the changes should be applied to all transitions.

John

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
If I'm not mistaken, you will have to set the time each photo is shown to the time you want the photo to show PLUS the duration of the transition.

To make all photos show for the same amount of time just select all photos and edit settings.

If you edit the first transition I think you will be asked if the changes should be applied to all transitions.

John

Thanks...I see where I can click on the first transition and change the time and apply to all but I dont see how to do that for the photos.

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
A workaround...

- Hold the Cmd key depressed

- click on every single photo to select them all

- right click, "edit"

- click the "I"

- in the "duration" field, type in your duration, 6 for example (=6 sec)

- hit "Enter"

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
A workaround...

- Hold the Cmd key depressed

- click on every single photo to select them all

- right click, "edit"

- click the "I"

- in the "duration" field, type in your duration, 6 for example (=6 sec)

- hit "Enter"

I can select all photos but right clicking doesnt bring up edit. I am on a Mac.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
I am trying to make the transitions between photos shorter than standard and all the same.
Double click on a Transition that you've inserted in your Project. You should get a small dialogue box open. Enter the duration that you want and click Apply to All.

I am also trying to make the time a picture is shown the same across all pics
Select all the pictures either by holding down the Cmd key and clicking on each photo, or click and hold down the mouse button and drag a box around all the photos. Then click on the Adjust icon at the top, then the Info icon at the far right of the Adjust Toolbar. Adjust the time to suit.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Double click on a Transition that you've inserted in your Project. You should get a small dialogue box open. Enter the duration that you want and click Apply to All.

Select all the pictures either by holding down the Cmd key and clicking on each photo, or click and hold down the mouse button and drag a box around all the photos. Then click on the Adjust icon at the top, then the Info icon at the far right of the Adjust Toolbar. Adjust the time to suit.

Thanks....Really quick question...I was just about finished with my movie and the view reverted back to show all of the pictures and media below the preview movie section but they arent showing the length of clip, transitions and audio track below the media....it's like this is just showing me what I have imported for this movie...can someone help me get this back quickly? Just looking to put final touches on this movie before we take our dog to say goodbye. Thanks.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
It sounds like your Movie has been "closed". There's a cross at the top left corner of the Timeline pane.

Just click on All Projects in the sidebar and re-open your movie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.