Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idoit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
I'm sure someone has asked this before, but no matter what I tried, they all mentioned it wouldn't be mounted as a drive in Explorer or Finder. I'm using Win8 and every time I plug my iPhone it shows it in Windows Explorer. When I'm done, I eject it on iTunes, but it is still shown in Win Explorer and one can browse the internal memory, pictures and etc.

It just doesn't feel right to unplug a 64GB internal memory when it still shows up in Explorer, that's all. Coming from Android background where my internal memory got effed up (by who know why!), I want to be super careful about my iPhone so it lives longer. Please let me know how to eject safely, if 'just unplug it don't care at all' is wrong (which I'd like to be honest).

Thanks

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It shows up as a digital camera using the PTP interface. It is completely fine to simply unplug it. In most cases, you don't even have to eject it from iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.