Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Speedy Dingo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Australia

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
Great stuff, thanks for the read. Android innovation? Apparently they don't realize it was originally modeled after iOS, and that Google had to scrap the original Android after the iPhone was revealed in 2007.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
Great stuff, thanks for the read. Android innovation? Apparently they don't realize it was originally modeled after iOS, and that Google had to scrap the original Android after the iPhone was revealed in 2007.

Point was that there are many other phones much better than iPhone.

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
Point was that there are many other phones much better than iPhone.

Point was that it was just a flame-baiting, Apple bashing article with no prior research. Your statement is a personal opinion, and nothing more. I use my iPhone for work, there is no way in hell I would use an Android in the same situation.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Thank goodness this thread was started. I feel like there hasn't been any discussion on Apple vs Samsung around here lately.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
I stopped reading after "Devices sometimes get sluggish, Long says. Imagine how frustrating this must be on an iPhone. While Android devices are loaded with up to 3GB RAM, iPhones are stuck with 1GB."

Which made my iPhone 4s unusable after iOS 7. They did the same to iPhone 3Gs owners with iOS 4 and after they fixed it, their iPhone were never the same. To make people buy new phones. Ruined by updates.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Not entirely. Android was created in 2004 then later bought by Google and used in smartphones.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Which made my iPhone 4s unusable after iOS 7. They did the same to iPhone 3Gs owners with iOS 4 and after they fixed it, their iPhone were never the same. To make people buy new phones. Ruined by updates.
The 3GS wasn't really bad on iOS 4. The 3GS actually performed better than the iPod Touch 4th gen with A4 CPU, 128MB RAM and retina display.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
The 3GS wasn't really bad on iOS 4. The 3GS actually performed better than the iPod Touch 4th gen with A4 CPU, 128MB RAM and retina display.

Haha. Yes. Only in Macrumors can anyone come and say the 3Gs was fine on iOS 4.

You couldn't even type on it. I remember it vividly. The problem was so bad apple was SUED for it.

nox5

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
My first smartphone run windows mobile 2003 when android did not exist yet and iOS came 4years later.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Haha. Yes. Only in Macrumors can anyone come and say the 3Gs was fine on iOS 4.

You couldn't even type on it. I remember it vividly. The problem was so bad apple was SUED for it.
I could imagine that being the case with the 3G but from experience, I remember the 3GS performed pretty decent. Then again, I think we didn't upgrade the 3GS right away. We waited for the bug fixed version before updating.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Actually no apple iPhones have ever been affected by updates. IPhones are perfect in every way. So is apple.

I love apple. IPhones are perfect. They last all day long. Even 2 days on one charge. They have the best screens and the best camera of any phone ever created.
Oh please. I never said that iPhones (or Apple) were perfect and that updates didn't slow them down. In general though, I've found performance with one major update to be acceptable. The next update after that, not so much.

Mind, I still have my iPhone (3.1.3) and 4 (4.3.5). Surprisingly, as old as they are, they still have longer battery life compared to the 4S up to 5s. Go figure.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Oh please. I never said that iPhones (or Apple) were perfect and that updates didn't slow them down. In general though, I've found performance with one major update to be acceptable. The next update after that, not so much.

Mind, I still have my iPhone (3.1.3) and 4 (4.3.5). Surprisingly, as old as they are, they still have longer battery life compared to the 4S up to 5s. Go figure.

I would take you up on the veracity of that remark considering those iPhones don't support nearly the same hardware or functionality.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
I stopped reading after "Devices sometimes get sluggish, Long says. Imagine how frustrating this must be on an iPhone. While Android devices are loaded with up to 3GB RAM, iPhones are stuck with 1GB."

Ditto, this guy takes Longs comments and adds in a statement that doesnt disprove Long.

Ok so the Android has 2GB more RAM than the iPhone, well... then explain why android phones are still sluggish?

uwdude

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2014
I liked the part where it said "Samsung Galaxy S5 and its Super AMOLED display with superior brightness", and right underneath are the pictures of both, showing one of the phones screens (guess which one, not the Samsung) looking way brighter. :D

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I would take you up on the veracity of that remark considering those iPhones don't support nearly the same hardware or functionality.
Should have qualified that as standby battery life.

Airplane mode, wifi on, bluetooth off, email manual fetch, brightness minimum, standby only (practically no usage). With all phones starting from 100% charge, I'd find the 4S and 5s dead after a few days while the original iPhone and the 4 still have a little bit of charge left.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
ok... OK!!! I'm up!

Now that I'm awake WTF do you want??? Oh, to tell me how excited I should be about the S5? Oddly enough, that's what put me to sleep in the first place.

Next time, wake me up when Samsung has an original idea.

:apple:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Should have qualified that as standby battery life.

Airplane mode, wifi on, bluetooth off, email manual fetch, brightness minimum, standby only (practically no usage). With all phones starting from 100% charge, I'd find the 4S and 5s dead after a few days while the original iPhone and the 4 still have a little bit of charge left.

No offense, but that is kind of a useless comparison. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.