Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v3xt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2014
Hey guys

Its been a known issue that games slow down and lag dramatically in bootcamp after the computer reaches a certain heat level (give or take 15 minutes or so into game-play). Countless hours researching the issue online proved absolutely worthless and nobody to my knowledge has any solution.

Here's a fix that I figured out! and it seems to be working perfectly for me.
Id almost go as far as to say my bootcamp games have never ran smoother on ultra settings!

WHILE IN WINDOWS!

1.Click on battery icon (right bottom of screen)
2.Change to power saver
3.Go to "more power options"
4.Change plan settings (next to power saver)
5.Change advance power settings
6.Under "processor power management" change min to 100%
7.Under "system cooling" select both to active

The original settings were 5% min..Im a completely new to computers but I figure this was the issue and also the cooling. Although I could be wrong but as I said it worked perfectly for me!!

Let me know how you guys get on!

Im running windows 7 ultimate, skyrim is running on ultra flawlessly!!

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
If you leave the setting like that, it will wreck your battery life because it won't be able to clock down the processor when it's not doing anything. While playing the game, it won't matter. While websurfing? Much bigger deal.

v3xt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2014
If you leave the setting like that, it will wreck your battery life because it won't be able to clock down the processor when it's not doing anything. While playing the game, it won't matter. While websurfing? Much bigger deal.

Your right, but this is just for gaming. Im using a macbook, I wouldnt use windows for surfing the web etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.