Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I have old family plan with ATT with contract expired in Oct. Is it possible to renew plan in Oct without upgrading until iphone 6 5.7" is out? With rumor Apple delays 5.7 to late 2014.

I dont want to delay renewing plan because I want to be able to upgrade in the next cycle around Sep/Oct

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I have old family plan with ATT with contract expired in Oct. Is it possible to renew plan in Oct without upgrading until iphone 6 5.7" is out? With rumor Apple delays 5.7 to late 2014.

I dont want to delay renewing plan because I want to be able to upgrade in the next cycle around Sep/Oct
Nope. You pretty much only renew when you get the new phone. That said, iirc, AT&T has gone back to 18-20 month upgrades so unless they change the iPhone release cycle to 2nd quarter, you should still be fine next time.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Nope. You pretty much only renew when you get the new phone. That said, iirc, AT&T has gone back to 18-20 month upgrades so unless they change the iPhone release cycle to 2nd quarter, you should still be fine next time.

You meant Next? Which I would not use

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

You don't have to sign a new contract when your old one is up. Just continue paying your monthly bill and use your subsidized upgrade next year.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
The 4.7" will be out for September, I don't think there will be a 5.5" one as there have been zero part leaks for it and the parties responsible for the original rumours are back peddling like **** now to cover their arses.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
You don't have to sign a new contract when your old one is up. Just continue paying your monthly bill and use your subsidized upgrade next year.

Exactly. You don't have to renew anything until you want to. Just pay month to month until you are ready!

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
When your contract is up (expired) it only means you can leave ATT without penalty. Nothing will be affected as far as upgrades. Generally they offer an upgrade just to lock you back into a contract for another 2 years.

Basically don't change anything and get the new iPhone when it comes out. Time is on your side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.