Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
Well i purchased some books on amazon and to my surprise they are not available on my iphone or on my surface. I currently dont have a home computer so the only way i could read was going to the library.

So i went to best buy looking to buy a kindle e reader and ended up with a Kindle Fire HD.
Wow the experience is very nice and i just totally like it. Its the 7 inch model and the size is perfect. It has the apps i need. I like jt so much that ill be giving it to my gf and getting a 7 inch hdx myself just for the cameras.

Anyone have a kindle tablet? Your opinions on it?

Some features that really save me time are the notes that you can while reading the book. No more writing stuff down. Also the x ray feature is great.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Of they're not on your device. First you need to download the Kindle app then sync your phone iOS or Android to your Amazon account then you'll be able to view them on your device. There's NO need to purchase a Kindle unless you want to.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
I did and the books show up on my kindle app on the phone but when i try to open it says unavailable. It only works on the ipad

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I did and the books show up on my kindle app on the phone but when i try to open it says unavailable. It only works on the ipad

Is your phone linked to your Amazon account? If so you could try contacting Kindle support.

To answer your original question, yes I have a 1st gen Kindle Fire HD and they are pretty sweet for reading. I love the different settings for reading. My favorite is black with white text followed by Sepia.

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
I have a 7" Fire HDX as well as a 2013 Nexus 7 and an iPad 4, the Fire gets the most use as it is very fast and since I'm a Prime member has the movies as well as music included. As a consumption device I think it's really a fine tablet and has all the apps that I use on the Nexus and iPad. If I had to pick the very best user experience though the iPad wins but for price vs. performance vs. features the Fire HDX is very good and is my choice as a travel companion!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.