Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
this tweak makes my phone no longer connect to Verizon. no service, no lte, no 3g, just one bar of service at most and "1x" for data. horrid tweak. is there any way i can uninstall the preference bundle for it? or else a 7.1.2 DFU restore is in the works for me.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
It's working fine for me and has been for the last year and a half.

Most users that had problems with it didn't realize that it's for CDMA phones. You mention Verizon so that leads me to believe your iPhone is CDMA, unless it's an unlocked phone that you brought over from a different carrier.

Lastly, most of those who had issues with it didn't realize that toggling Cellular off then back on (after uninstalling it) restored the cellular functions.

Have you tried that?

Other than the issues around the initial introduction of the tweak you're the first person here I've heard of with this issue. But I'm on iOS 6.1, so maybe that's the difference, IDK. All I know is I've never had an issue with it.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
It's working fine for me and has been for the last year and a half.

Most users that had problems with it didn't realize that it's for CDMA phones. You mention Verizon so that leads me to believe your iPhone is CDMA, unless it's an unlocked phone that you brought over from a different carrier.

Lastly, most of those who had issues with it didn't realize that toggling Cellular off then back on (after uninstalling it) restored the cellular functions.

Have you tried that?

Other than the issues around the initial introduction of the tweak you're the first person here I've heard of with this issue. But I'm on iOS 6.1, so maybe that's the difference, IDK. All I know is I've never had an issue with it.

yeah i've tried everything. im trying to find the preference bundle but idk where to look. 7.1.2 is downloading now, and i hate 7.1.2. uglyER UI, and terrible sliders. as of right now, the iPhone says "searching" for the past half an hour, with the verizon sim in it. yes i bought it from verizon, and have had it replaced twice. idk why this happens every time. last time it was pretty much the same issue. network was broken. looks like i might have to get it replaced, or live with an ugly UI. or both.

----------

i tried what you suggested again, and now i get one bar, and 1x, instead of 2 or 3 bars and lte as i normally do. just as im typing this, it says "no service" i HATE this tweak!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sorry man, I don't know what to say. I don't have any issues. I poked around and found this.

Maybe it's just Verizon phones because the person in the thread I linked to also had a Verizon phone. IDK.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
yeah i've tried everything. im trying to find the preference bundle but idk where to look. 7.1.2 is downloading now, and i hate 7.1.2. uglyER UI, and terrible sliders. as of right now, the iPhone says "searching" for the past half an hour, with the verizon sim in it. yes i bought it from verizon, and have had it replaced twice. idk why this happens every time. last time it was pretty much the same issue. network was broken. looks like i might have to get it replaced, or live with an ugly UI. or both.

----------

i tried what you suggested again, and now i get one bar, and 1x, instead of 2 or 3 bars and lte as i normally do. just as im typing this, it says "no service" i HATE this tweak!

does resetting network settings help?

the preference file should be in var/mobile/Library/Preferences. The tweak shouldn't be affecting your cellular connectivity when uninstalled so whether you delete the preference file or not, it won't change much

it might have done something to the carrier package

you could try removing that and then going back into settings -> general -> about to update your carrier package to the latest verison

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
well, its in DFU restoring to 7.1.2 as i type this. sucks becuase i'd much rather have 7.0.x. oh well. my home button is getting lass clicky lately, so i might just drive over to the apple store and get it replaced, sell it, and wait for the 6.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
http://www.itweakios.com/apps/blog/show/42358901-verizon-xlte-carrier-update-hack

Its worth a try. Also enables XLTE if you are in an XLTE area. 5S on Verizon LTE is limited to 35 down. I pulled 55 down earlier and have a theoretical max of 75 down.

well, i made a genius bar appointment for saturday, and i'm going to take it in just to be sure i have a functioning unit. i'm going to try the patch though, even though i'm getting a replacement. home button is pretty lose.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
wow. very strange things happening now. my phone is still at one bar of service and 1x, when i normally get 2 or 3 bars and LTE. So i asked my mom to check what she was getting on her 4s that usually gets 2-3 bars, and 3g. it said "no service" and "o" so i rebooted her phone, and it had one bar and "o". i guess if things dont get better soon i'm going to have to find anew carrier. this is the second time in a month this has happened. so its only partly my phone thats acting up. it wont receive calls, but i can make calls. then it receives a ghost call a few minutes later than when someone actually calls me. idk whats going on, but im pretty sure its verizon, and my phone acting up.

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
network issue not tweak issue me thinks... Verizon is just ****ed up near your area, or your nearest tower is down for some reason

Last edited:

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
wow. very strange things happening now. my phone is still at one bar of service and 1x, when i normally get 2 or 3 bars and LTE. So i asked my mom to check what she was getting on her 4s that usually gets 2-3 bars, and 3g. it said "no service" and "o" so i rebooted her phone, and it had one bar and "o". i guess if things dont get better soon i'm going to have to find anew carrier. this is the second time in a month this has happened. so its only partly my phone thats acting up. it wont receive calls, but i can make calls. then it receives a ghost call a few minutes later than when someone actually calls me. idk whats going on, but im pretty sure its verizon, and my phone acting up.
Well good thing you didn't have to go to an Apple store and have a genius kill themselves trying to fix your phone.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Asked around and all of my friends with Verizon have terrible service today too. Still worth getting it replaced since I only have 30 days left on my warranty and my button is loose.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Wow, so you did a DFU and went through all that for nothing?:D

yup. sucks, but oh well. like i mentioned, i needed to get it replaced soon anyways since my warranty is almost up, and my home button is loose. I guess i can hope to get really lucky and get a 7.0.x replacement. happened last time which was just a month and a half ago. 7.0.4. maybe i'll luck out with 7.0.6 :D one can hope...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
yup. sucks, but oh well. like i mentioned, i needed to get it replaced soon anyways since my warranty is almost up, and my home button is loose. I guess i can hope to get really lucky and get a 7.0.x replacement. happened last time which was just a month and a half ago. 7.0.4. maybe i'll luck out with 7.0.6 :D one can hope...
It's possible, depending on how popular your model is.

I got my wife an iPhone 5, 11 months after launch and a couple of months or so after iOS 7 was out. She got iOS 6.0.4. I jailbroke it right away and that's what it's been on since.

But, we're with Sprint, and I got her the 64GB model. So…slow sellers right there.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
It's possible, depending on how popular your model is.

I got my wife an iPhone 5, 11 months after launch and a couple of months or so after iOS 7 was out. She got iOS 6.0.4. I jailbroke it right away and that's what it's been on since.

But, we're with Sprint, and I got her the 64GB model. So…slow sellers right there.

well, its not likely with the 16gb white verizon model, but idk. last time i was there, they were running low on units and the one i got was old stock running 7.0.4 and at 2% battery lol

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
7.1. Not bad. Thinking I'm going to just keep it where it's at. Not really anything I need as far as updates go. Plus I'm not sure how it is now but I know when I first updated to 7.1.2 on my iPad, some tweaks only worked with 7.1. No 7.1.1-7.1.2. How's support now?

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
It should be ok.
Almost everything works with the latest ios.
Did the JB go through ok even though you didn't restore to the ios you're using now?

havent jailbroken it yet, but i have done that many times and it allways works. about to run the jailbreak after mty icloud restore completes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.