Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I’m about to hit “Reset Network Settings” in order to complete the unlocking of my iPhone (according to this post it should work) but my understanding is that this will also make my phone forget all its wifi passwords.

Now, I have the NetworkList tweak, and I’ve exported the list of wifi networks and passwords as text, but it’s going to be slightly annoying having to manually re-enter them when I rejoin those networks.

So I’m looking for an easy way to backup and reapply the wifi passwords on my phone. Can this be done?

Alternatively, is there a way to complete the unlocking process without wiping the saved wifi passwords (and without restoring from backup)?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I dont think you need to restore, or reset network to unlock your phone.
Just stick the foreign sim inside and it will take you to the activation screen again and if the phone is unlocked then it will work with the new carriers sim.
Even though they tell you to restore its not necessary.
Just give it a shot before you restore.
Make sure you're connected to wifi in order to activate.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Wouldn't iCloud Keychain retain your wifi network information even if you Reset Network Settings? I haven't tested it myself, but if that is the case you don't even need a JB tweak.

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK
I’m about to hit “Reset Network Settings” in order to complete the unlocking of my iPhone (according to this post it should work) but my understanding is that this will also make my phone forget all its wifi passwords.

Now, I have the NetworkList tweak, and I’ve exported the list of wifi networks and passwords as text, but it’s going to be slightly annoying having to manually re-enter them when I rejoin those networks.

So I’m looking for an easy way to backup and reapply the wifi passwords on my phone. Can this be done?

Alternatively, is there a way to complete the unlocking process without wiping the saved wifi passwords (and without restoring from backup)?

iCloud holds network passwords now. Pretty sure it happened after iOS 7. I never have to do that after a full wipe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.