Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mixbox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Sweden
Im having problems with my AirPort Express (2nd gen).

I have my Mac Mini connected via 5GHz WLAN to the AirPort.
When im downloading a file, for example i was downloading Yosemite beta yesterday and it maxed out at 50mbit/s (50 is max for 5GHz WiFi) now the problem is that when i download something max speed i can't browse webpages or access internet at all on any of the devices connected to the AirPort not even on the Mac Mini!

The problem should not be related to internet connection because i have a 100/100mbit fiber connection.

So does anyone have a clue of what the problem could be?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Im having problems with my AirPort Express (2nd gen).

I have my Mac Mini connected via 5GHz WLAN to the AirPort.
When im downloading a file, for example i was downloading Yosemite beta yesterday and it maxed out at 50mbit/s (50 is max for 5GHz WiFi) now the problem is that when i download something max speed i can't browse webpages or access internet at all on any of the devices connected to the AirPort not even on the Mac Mini!

The problem should not be related to internet connection because i have a 100/100mbit fiber connection.

So does anyone have a clue of what the problem could be?

50 Mbps is not the limit for 5 GHz wireless. Is the AirPort's front light still green? Is it showing in AirPort Utility? Have you rebooted the AirPort? What sort of speeds are you getting while doing a speed test directly connected to the modem? There really wasn't enough info given to properly help you!

mixbox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Sweden
50 Mbps is not the limit for 5 GHz wireless. Is the AirPort's front light still green? Is it showing in AirPort Utility? Have you rebooted the AirPort? What sort of speeds are you getting while doing a speed test directly connected to the modem? There really wasn't enough info given to properly help you!

Front light is green and i have rebooted it, everythings ok. If i connect directly via LAN i get 100/100 Mbps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.