Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhdena

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Or who is going to wait to see both versions to compare in hand before committing?

I want to see both myself before deciding which one.

Isn't this the 1st version since the return window has been shortened?

Apple was probably tired of silly people buying one color and then returning it for another as an example.

I'm sure the sizes would have been the same.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Or who is going to wait to see both versions to compare in hand before committing?

Apple was probably tired of silly people buying one color and then returning it for another as an example.

haha I doubt it

people returning their iphone is probably lower than 1% of all sales

and I'm sure there's no 5.5 inch iphone 6

panerista

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX

No. Not at all.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California

Good theory ... Who knows

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
It is a good theory, given the liberal return on new purchases.

Frankly I hope Apple does stagger them to prevent store return abuse. Sick of people buying a black iPhone, use it for two weeks, then return it for a gold or white one. Or the screen nuts, purchase and return fifty iPads when nothing is wrong with any of them.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Apple has so much time and effort invested in programming it's followers that tiny displays are perfect, the fear of a proper full size display is overwhelming. After over two years of procrastination and sunburn refusal, Apple remains behind the markets insatiable love of a large spacious display. No longer able to ignore the majority, it's time to face the slap of reality. After all, not everyone worships Apple.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Apple has so much time and effort invested in programming it's followers that tiny displays are perfect, the fear of a proper full size display is overwhelming. After over two years of procrastination and sunburn refusal, Apple remains behind the markets insatiable love of a large spacious display. No longer able to ignore the majority, it's time to face the slap of reality. After all, not everyone worships Apple.

So then you go buy your fat-phone. I'll stick with a smaller model.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
It is a good theory, given the liberal return on new purchases.

Frankly I hope Apple does stagger them to prevent store return abuse. Sick of people buying a black iPhone, use it for two weeks, then return it for a gold or white one. Or the screen nuts, purchase and return fifty iPads when nothing is wrong with any of them.

Mass-produced goods have a high rate of faults.
I bought some 'made in England' New Balance trainers/sneakers today and when I got them home I noticed a couple of faults. Fair enough if they had cost me $20, but they were £100 (169$). They went back and it took three pairs to be unboxed in the shop before I found a pair I was happy with. I experience this kind of crap with plenty of the things I purchase and yes, my last iPhone was faulty out of the box too. Five of them.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I think OP's theory is not that bad. I hate when people intentionally buy a product knowing they're going to return it. It raises the cost for everyone else.

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Dumb theory.

Who's going to actually purchase an iPhone 6 exactly 14 days before they think the iPhone 6 XL (?) will come out and then rush to return the iPhone 6 within Apple's return window? Yeah, there might be a customer or two neurotic enough to do just that, but I doubt it happens often enough to dictate Apple's production and supply chain strategy.

Keep in mind that the iPhone 5s was officially announced only 10 days before the release date. So, anyone trying to time their iPhone 6 purchase around a 14-day return period is either engaging in high stakes speculation (OMG, what if the larger phone comes out 16 days after purchase? They might go two whole days without a phone!) or an ADD-addled idiot who can't be bothered with waiting an extra few weeks or however long it takes between releases.

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Dumb theory.

Who's going to actually purchase an iPhone 6 exactly 14 days before they think the iPhone 6 XL (?) will come out and then rush to return the iPhone 6 within Apple's return window? Yeah, there might be a customer or two neurotic enough to do just that, but I doubt it happens often enough to dictate Apple's production and supply chain strategy.

Search the forums here and elsewhere. You'll find many people who purchased black iPhones -- merely to try them out, list them on Ebay, and if they didn't sell for top dollar, return them within the return window. Why? So they could have an iPhone 5s for a few days until they could get the "gold" one. Tons of people did this, and defended it as totally legitimate.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What delay?

Apple haven't released a new phone yet so how can it be delayed?

There is a delay in rolling out the 5.5" vs. the 4.7" The rumor is that apple is going to a staged rollout, where the 4.7" iPhone 6 comes out in September and the 5.5" after that.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA

I already know I want the 5.5" iPhone 6.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
There is a delay in rolling out the 5.5" vs. the 4.7" The rumor is that apple is going to a staged rollout, where the 4.7" iPhone 6 comes out in September and the 5.5" after that.

That doesn't make any sense. How can something not yet released, nor given a release date be delayed?

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I will be disappointed in apple if they don't atleast announce the 5.5 in September. don't let people think its not coming and burn the upgrade on the 4.7 if they would rather the 5.5. Im getting the 4.7 but that's still a crappy thing to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.