Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NacSquared

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Missouri
Sort've new to Yosemite, just wondering if anyone knows how to access the library in OS X Yosemite.

Thanks in advance.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
To make this permanent, open your Home directory in the Finder, right click and go to View options. From there enable the Library folder checkbox. ;)

Also another way is just by using the new powerful spotlight. Just open it up (Cmd+Space) and then type ~/Library and press enter. Boom :D

Manic Harmonic

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2011
I think I'm just going to run a bash script at startup to unhide it so I don't have to do it after every update. Really annoying. I'm not sure what made Apple decide that the user library should be hidden from them but that it's perfectly okay to leave the system and the root library easily accessible...

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I think I'm just going to run a bash script at startup to unhide it so I don't have to do it after every update.

Unnecessary, follow my above post and it will stick even after updates. Even going from Mavericks to Yosemite hasn't hidden my Library folder

Unless, of course, you do a fresh install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.