Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pwhitehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
new jersey
So the day is finally coming where I'm able to purchase a new workstation and I'm going with a maxed out 27inch iMac (3.75 ghz quad-core, 32gigs of ram, 4 gigs of video ram and a 1t solid state hard drive.) I'm very excited! I'm also going to purchase a 27 inch apple display too.

Because most of my digital editing is going to be video using adobe cc and I will be doing photoshop/indesign work too, would it be worth going with a second apple cinema display? So if you were to picture it. You would essentially have the iMac (27inch) in the middle and a 27 inch display on each side of it.

Feedback on the right desk and how you guys feel about it would be awesome, but no matter what besides the iMac.. I will be buying at least 1 cinema display.

TheBeastman13

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2012
Would you care to finance my new iMac needs? Lol My old MacBook 4.1 chugs on the smallest of Final Cut Express renders.

But congrats on the new workhorse that will be your iMac. A system like that should last you a good 4-5 years if you take care of it right!

pwhitehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
new jersey
So I've made my mind on things finally. I'm just going to get the iMac and use the current HD monitor i have now. I got my cinema display in the mail at my job for my company work station, where they ordered me a mac pro and its huge! I think that if anything i'll get 1 additional 27 inch display later down the road. I'm much more worried about getting the iMac for now which is going to cost just over 4k with a super drive and apple care, maxed out.

The 2k that I'm going to have left over, i'm adding another 1300 to that by the skin of my teeth and ordering a cannon 5d mark iii. I'll start out with a multipurpose lens until I get the hang of it since I've never done cinema film before or taken professional pictures. Once I'm good enough, I'll buy the $2400 lens I've been looking at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.