Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Billy95Tech

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
I have heard someone said in another forum the user thinks the Ipad and Android tablets will die in the next 5 years because of Windows 8 tablets as it is a real full OS on a tablet.

But i don't think so because i really think Ipads and Android tablets are going to around for a long time despite a big threat of Windows 8 tablets.

Just wondering what is the best tablet OS between IOS or Android of Windows 8

And do you think Ipads and Android tablets will be around in the next 5/10 years despite of Windows 8 tablets?

Last edited:

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
I have heard someone said in another forum the user thinks the Ipad and Android tablets will die in the next 5 years because of Windows 8 tablets as it is a real full OS on a tablet.

But i don't think so because i really think Ipads and Android tablets are going to around for a long time despite a big threat of Windows 8 tablets.

And do you think Ipads and Android will be around in the next 5/10 years despite of Windows 8 tablets?

I like Windows 8 tablets the best. I gave my iPad 4 to my daughter and my Nexus 10 to my GF. They cannot do what I want and the Surface Pro 3 fills that niche.

That being said, both Android and iOS tablets will be around for a long time.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
This is just a rehash of one of your many other threads .... All discussed to death. Wherein you ask a rather inane question that is akin to some high school debate essay, and expect us to fill in the blanks whilst you never actually reply or discuss anything or profer sources for any of your claims ....

Do your own homework please ....

Last edited:

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I prefer Windows 8 on tablets. Its super nice to be able to do simple tablet tasks with ease before dropping into a desktop environment when required. Separate users and hardware drivers also add to a superior experience.

Billy95Tech

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
Really surprised that not many people replied to this interesting topic.

It seems that most people have used only one OS on a tablet....

So anyone? what is the best OS on tablets? Which OS do you prefer on Tablets?

IOS or Android or Windows 8?

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
I dont think any of them will fade away anytime soon. As for the best one, I would say windows would probably be my preference because of the full OS. The iPad is a close second as its aesthetics and experience are unparalleled by any other tablet Ive used. Im hoping apple will enter the market with an OSX tablet a few years down the line, that would be perfect for my uses.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
Really surprised that not many people replied to this interesting topic.

It's a futile question. Best obviously depends on your needs. That's probably why not many bothered to reply.

And do you think Ipads and Android tablets will be around in the next 5/10 years despite of Windows 8 tablets?

Of course.

Which OS do you prefer on Tablets?
IOS or Android or Windows 8?

That's a better way of asking.

I'm finding it quite difficult to decide which is the single best tablet OS for my needs. Much more difficult than deciding which was the best desktop OS and which was the best smartphone OS for me.

I feel that if I want to have a shot at getting some work done, I should have a Windows tablet with me. But they're often a bit on the heavy side, with large bezels, mediocre battery life, and undesirable screen aspect ratio for a small screen device. For leisure time consumption stuff, I definitely much prefer the iPad due to the exceptional tablet app selection. I suppose Android offers some kind of middle ground in terms of functionality and consumption opportunities, but its a middle ground that doesn't really interest me (even though Android is my preferred smartphone OS).

Hence at the moment, I have a Windows tablet and an iPad. If I could only have one tablet, I'd probably have an iPad, because my laptop is definitely superior to a Windows tablet for getting work done, whilst the iPad is arguably better than my laptop for the consumption stuff I use it for.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I've never had a windows tablet so I can't say much about them, but I've had a first gen nexus 7 and an iPad air. I prefer iOS on tablets mainly because of the better app selection. iOS still has better games/puzzles than android. On my nexus 7 some apps weren't compatible for some unknown reason. The tablet apps also sucked at the time, and ios usually got new apps first. I'm sure they've improved in the past few years though.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/03/intel-llama-mountain-prototype/

Ios will stick around for iPhones, but starting from 2015 the broadwell core M golden area for tablets will begin giving consumers laptop power in a fanless tablet design not larger than the ipad air. Current windows tablets with the exception of surface pro 3 aren't worth buying.

Until Microsoft sort out windows UI for HiDpi devices and third party software likewise supports it, you can shoehorn all the power in the world into a tablet and the end experience to the user will still be frustratingly unoptimised and cumbersome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.