Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Great phone, if the size is OK, consider the fact that i6 will cost almost twice as much upon release.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I like the 5s size.
If 6 comes out with some larger screens (big and bigger assumed given). I'll need to see it/use it to determine if it is something I'd like.

If 6c is today's 5s in the plastic case, I don't think id want that.

So for me, if the price is right, I'd get the 5s.

I would even consider another 5s (assuming I didn't like the new sizes of the 6) just to get more storage (16GB just isn't cutting it for me) if the price is right.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
If you can get one for a real good price, maybe. But brand new unlocked or getting a new contract? No way. Less than 2 months to go.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It depends, since you only ask this, without providing any details. I'd say it depends on your budget, where you stand on contract, will you be buying g new or used, on subsidy, or unlocked. Plus whether you need it ASAP, or if you can wait.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Not until you see what the 6 has to offer in a few weeks.

Also, there is a good chance the 5s will go down in price at that time. Be very silly to buy a 5s right now IMHO.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Great phone, if the size is OK, consider the fact that i6 will cost almost twice as much upon release.
Unless you work at Apple and are privy to information that the rest of us aren't, that's not fact, it's conjecture.

@Chaelinxo
If you have no pressing need to get a phone right at this moment, it's worth waiting a few weeks to see what the iPhone 6 brings to the table.

gbkrip

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2011
Nebraska
As the previous posters have said, it must come down to size/design. The 5s is already plenty fast for anything you could hope to do. It has the convenience of the touch ID. So, if you are happy with the current design then there really is not reason to wait for the next iPhone to come out.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
In a word, no. The new iPhone is only 4-8 weeks away so your new toy will be instantly superceded.

dirtclod

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2011
Yes. Get on the 'S' phone 2-year cycle. The S versions of the iPhone have all been reported to be superior to their originals. I got the 5S last fall and I'm as satisfied as it's possible to be.

It's been a terrific device and still looks and works like new. No lag. I'm satisfied with the battery life even if not everyone is. It does everything I want it to do. When the 6 comes out I'm just going to enjoy watching the chaos surrounding ordering one. I might be interested in the 6S next fall. But maybe not either.

Love the 5S.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Like everyone is saying it depends. I sold my iPhone 5s 32 GB AT&T a month a go for $600 due to the anticipation for the 6, and decided to use my iPhone 4s , yeah , no, it was a horrible mistake. So slow and unresponsive , ah ! Since I'm a Craigslist junkie I looked everyday to find an iPhone 5s and actually made a deal with someone for $340 for a iPhone 5s 32 GB perfect condition. The deal sounded too good to be true so ,I of course, decided to meet at an AT&T store , and made the transaction there . And walked away with a semi new iphone . Long story short , the sensor wasn't recognizing my finger at all, (what a surprised right ) so I took it to the apple store , and they replaced it with a brand new phone. New imei is a plus ,so I could have some peace not getting screw over like people do on craigslist. So yeah , that's my experience buying an iPhone 5s. I wonder how much I could sell it after the 6 comes out ? ? $450 perhaps ?

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
I'd stay on the non-S cycle because you'll get a new design, new features etc.

The argument "the S version is always better" is not a good argument because every iPhone is better in some way than the one before it. In the same way the 6 will be better than the 5S.

I'm waiting, regardless of what other people say.

Izauze

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2013
If you think you might want the 6, then obviously no.

If you're sure you don't, is it worth waiting a month to save 100 dollars?

Dotty's Ltd

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2014
Why ask a stupid question? If you want a 5s get one if not don't get one!!! Why come on a forum and ask people what you should do? You have a mind use it

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Why ask a stupid question? If you want a 5s get one if not don't get one!!! Why come on a forum and ask people what you should do? You have a mind use it

Because it is a forum and he is looking for answers. I guess he got yours.

GhostRaider

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
If I were you, just wait. If you want the 5S you'll get it cheaper once the iPhone 6 comes out. Also you'll miss out what the 6 has to offer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.