Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwdonsky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2014
Saint Petersburg, FL
I would like to suggest that MacRumors create “Innovation” threads as part of their discussion groups. The purpose of these threads would be for use in collaborating on innovative ideas for both new and existing Apple products. These threads would be added to each discussion group: iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPod…

Innovation works best when it is accomplished by a diverse group of individuals from different cultures. The internet affords the perfect opportunity for this type of "open source" collaboration.

Clayton Christensen authored a groundbreaking book describing “disruptive innovation.”

http://www.claytonchristensen.com/books/the-innovators-solution/

Respectfully….Ralph

Last edited:
Reactions: grahamperrin

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I would like to suggest that MacRumors create “Innovation” threads as part of their discussion groups. The purpose of these threads would be for use in collaborating on innovative ideas for both new and existing Apple products. These threads would be added to each discussion group: iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPod…

Innovation works best when it is accomplished by a diverse group of individuals from different cultures. The internet affords the perfect opportunity for this type of "open source" collaboration.

Clayton Christensen authored a groundbreaking book describing “disruptive innovation.”

http://www.claytonchristensen.com/books/the-innovators-solution/

Respectfully….Ralph

Considering most people do not understanding the meaning of innovation this newly created forum would attract nothing but the

"Features other phones have that I want on my iPhone" crowd.

rwdonsky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2014
Saint Petersburg, FL
Response to Armen 08052014

Armen,

Thanks so much for pointing out the need to define "innovation." Wikipedia has a very good definition of this term.

"Innovation is finding a better way of doing something. Innovation can be viewed as the application of better solutions that meet new requirements. The term innovation can be defined as something original and, as a consequence, new, that "breaks into" the market or society.

Innovation differs from invention in that innovation refers to the use of a better and, as a result, novel idea or method, whereas invention refers more directly to the creation of the idea or method itself.

Innovation differs from improvement in that innovation refers to the notion of doing something different rather than doing the same thing better.

...regards...Ralph

Reactions: grahamperrin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.